PE at our school
The only subject that makes your
Newsletters at the foot of the page
This year (2016-2017) we have competed in the following:
At Gillshill Primary School we are passionate about PE and the positive impact it can have on children throughout their learning journey and we see it as a great release for many children, offering them the freedom to express themselves through sport.
Led by Miss Jesney our PE Coordinator and assisted by Mr Start our PE Instructor, we deliver a minimum of 2 hours PE to each child per week.
We have regular feedback from our pupils who are on the School & PE Council, and our School Sports Organising (SSO) crew members, as to what new sports or games the children would like to try. This year we are introducing Boccia and New Age Kurling.
Gillshill Primary School actively encourages children of all ages and abilities to participate in as many sports as possible and we aim to make sport a fun and enjoyable activity for all the children at our school.
Every child has the opportunity to participate in a wide and diverse range of sports in our PE curriculum and in order to reach as a wide a student base as possible, we offer both lunchtime and after-school clubs throughout the year.
This year pupils will be able to take part in the following sports as part of our curriculum:
We continue to take part in the Sainsbury’s games programme at the following after school tournaments:
- Tag Rugby
- New Age Kurling
- Indoor Athletics
- Outdoor Athletics
The lunchtime and after school clubs this year are:
- Football – Mr Start
- Athletics – Miss Jesney/Mr Start
- Change For Life – Miss Stephenson/Miss C J Dawson
- Dodgeball – Mr Start
- Cross Country – Miss Jesney/Mr Start
- Tennis – Mr Start
- Inter-school competitive 5-a-side – Mr Start
- Year 6 Inter-school competitive Dodgeball – Mr Start
- Netball – Miss Greenwood
At Gillshill we also encourage children to further develop their sporting skills by putting them in contact with local sports clubs that we have links with and these include:
- Pelican Tennis – Richard Carmichael
- Sutton Gymnastics – Dave Wright
- Sutton cricket – Keith Blagg
- Wilberforce Netball – Courtney Greenwood
- pelican Boys FC – Danny Fletcher
- Malet Girls FC – Ian Warvill
Pelican Tennis Club and Sutton cricket club offer free taster sessions on a regular basis.
Miss Jesney – PE Coordinator
Just play. Have fun. Enjoy the game.
- Autumn 2017 Half Term PE Sports Report
- PE Sports Report for the Academic Year 2016-2017
- PE Newsletter Summer 17
- PE Newsletter Summer 16
- PE Newsletter Nov 15
- PE Newsletter Summer 15 July
- PE Newsletter Spring 15
- Half Term Spring Football 15