We have a duty to ensure that every child:
- Stays safe
- Is healthy
- Is able to enjoy and achieve
- Is able to achieve economic well-being
- Makes a positive contribution
What to do if you have a concern about a child attending Gillshill Primary School
During school hours:
- Contact school and speak to any of the Child Protection team on 01482 781002
- Or – contact the Access and Assessment team for Hull on 01482 448879
Out of school hours (including during school holidays):
- If your concern is urgent and there is an immediate risk of harm, then contact the police on 999
- If your concern is less urgent but you are worried about the welfare of a child, then contact Children’s Social Care, Access & Assessment Team on 01482 448879 (weekdays 8.30am – 5pm) Immediate Help Team on 01482 300304 (after 5pm and weekends)
Gillshill Primary is part of the Humberside Police Operation Encompass programme.
Operation Encompass directly connects the police with schools to secure better outcomes for children who are subject or witness to police-attended incidents of domestic abuse. Rapid provision of support within the school environment means children are better safeguarded against the short-, medium- and long-term effects of domestic abuse.
Operation Encompass is an early information sharing partnership enabling schools to offer immediate support for children and young people experiencing domestic abuse. Information is shared by the police with a school’s trained Key Adult (DSL – B. Vine) prior to the start of the next school day after officers have attended a domestic abuse incident thus enabling appropriate support to be given, dependent upon the needs and wishes of the child.