Sports Premium grant expenditure report for parents
The government is providing additional funding to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding – provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport – will be allocated to primary school headteachers.
This funding is ring-fenced and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools.
Click on the link below to view our Sports Premium grant report :-
Purpose of funding
Possible uses for the funding might include:
- hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers.
- supporting and engaging the least active children through new or additional Change4Life clubs.
- paying for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport.
- providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE and sport.
- running sport competitions, or increasing pupils’ participation in the School Games its children.
- buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE and sport.
- providing places for pupils on after school sports clubs and holiday clubs.
- pooling the additional funding with that of other local schools.
One year on, Ofsted will carry out a survey reporting on the first year’s expenditure of additional funding and its impact.
Schools will also be required to include details of their provision of PE and sport on their website, alongside details of their broader curriculum, so that parents can compare sports provision between schools, both within and beyond the school day.